It is May already, friends. My heart is full, the days are full, life is full. Full of blessings, grace, opportunities, and moments to seize. It is the people that matter, ya’ll. It’s the moments we really stop to savor, the times we listen to the Holy Spirit even if it seems crazy. Taking time to call up that friend and meet for coffee, praying for that person who just keeps being on your mind. There’s always a reason, someone who needs love even when you don’t know why or what they’re going through.
Time is a valuable asset. If we want to make time for people, we have to be intentional. Life will happen and we won’t know where the days went, unless we seize them with intentionality.
“All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given us.” J.R.R Tolkien
We all have 24 hours a day, but the question is what we will do with it. God gives us time that we may steward it for Him. He asks us to do everything with all our might, for His glory. That includes our work, relationships, and even our rest time.
Lack of intentionality with our time breeds regret.
Goal setting is one valuable way to be intentional with the time we’re given. While some people are more goal-oriented than others, I believe it is helpful for everyone to step back from time to time and evaluate where they’re at and where they’re headed.
Today I am going to share with you my 10 key May Goals. I want to work hard, play hard, and above all, do it all with love. The following are 10 goals that I am setting for this month:
- Finish memorizing Philippians 1 (recite to Liz with no prompts!)
- Run 35 miles- gonna try to snag a little quality time with a sister for a few of these miles.:)
- Read “Follow You Anywhere: 22 Little Lessons for Team Leaders”
- Take the little siblings on a park/picnic date
- Execute large cleaning + painting project at work
- Write 7 encouraging notes
- Interview + hire new hotel team member
- Do 6 blog posts
- Invest $__ (specific amount of money I want to invest this month)
- Schedule time to nurture relationships (cleaning for a busy mamma friend, talking over coffee with another friend, having heart to heart talks w/ the siblings, etc.)
What about you? Do you have any goals for this month? I would love to hear what you are challenging yourself to do currently! With Jesus Christ, you are capable of MORE than you know! He will give us the strength and wisdom to accomplish everything that is His will for us. I’m cheerin’ for ya!