Sometimes you just gotta sit down and do a little dreaming and planning for the month ahead. At least I do.:) So, first an update on how my May Goals went (completed goals in bold, other have explanations in italics at the end):
- Finish memorizing Philippians 1 (recite to Liz with no prompts!) This one is almost done, but I need to recite it to Liz yet. I have self-recited it with little issue, so I’m close!
- Run 35 miles- gonna try to snag a little quality time with a sister for a few of these miles.:) This was an epic fail due to a leg injury. I ran a few times, but mostly opted for weight training and other workouts.
- Read “Follow You Anywhere: 22 Little Lessons for Team Leaders”
- Take the little siblings on a park/picnic date
- Execute large cleaning + painting project at work
- Write 7 encouraging notes
- Interview + hire new hotel team member
- Do 6 blog posts
- Invest $__ (specific amount of money I want to invest this month) Close….had a technical glitch, but the $$ that didn’t get invested was saved instead.
- Schedule time to nurture relationships (cleaning for a busy mamma friend, talking over coffee with another friend, having heart to heart talks w/ the siblings, etc.)
And now on to JUNE!!!!
- Memorize first 10 verses of Philippians 2
- Finish reading “Sacred Singleness”
- Take a gift to a friend at church.
- Go on a coffee date with Elizabeth.
- Finish staff transition + training before June 15.
- Help Mother in the garden.
- Get a budgeting app.
- Go out for breakfast with Grandma.
- Joyfully pack for + embark on Summer Tour.
- Go out for lunch with sisters + sister-in-loves.
I could go on and on with my “dreaming and scheming” but 10 seems like a good number. And a few things to keep in mind that help me when setting goals like this:
You CAN’T DO IT ALL. Keep it reasonable, keep it real.
Don’t try to list everything, just the top 10 (or however many) that are either especially exciting, or push you a little extra, or whatever. Some that stand out.
Make sure that you include relationships in your goals.
People tend to be the things that get pushed out first if life is really full (at least for me). Making them a big part of my written goals seems to help keep the most important things in focus.
I wanna hear about your goals! Are there any you are especially excited (or scared:) about?