My 2018 goals have been a journey. Usually I just jot down goals for the year and go with it, but for some reason this time around was different. I started back in December and kept coming back, dreaming bigger, refining the purpose + vision being birthed in my heart for this year.
The goals that made it through the refining process to the “final 10” are all ones that I believe will be extremely valuable as I seek to grow and use this life for the glory of God.
This is pretty personal, but I feel led to share in hopes that you will be encouraged to set some scary, life changing goals as well.
“If you aren’t going forward, you’re going backwards.”
My 2018 Goals:
- Schedule a time of fasting weekly
- Practice unplugged evenings
- Plan undistracted times for relationships + rest
- Learn to study the Word of God instead of merely reading it
- Run 8 miles straight
- Do 2 items from my Bucket List per month
- Practice wise stewardship by sticking to my budget and meeting my income/saving/investing goals
- Intentionally invest in my team members thru encouragement, incentives, education, and empathy
- Go all out in serving my family
- Learn to better honor and communicate with my parents as an adult living at home
Obviously some of these goals encompass more, like the Stewardship and Bucket List ones. I have several separate financial goals that I lumped together, and the bucket list contains alot of random things related to personal travel, work, family, education, etc. It is a fun way, apart from my “Big 10” goals, to have a running list of things I want to do.
Additionally, in the coming months, I plan to share more about each goal and practical steps I am taking to accomplish them.
What about you? What goal are you setting this year that really scares you (like I wrote about here)? Is there a particular goal you are most excited about? I’d love to hear!I’m cheerin’ for you!